I went and picked up the papers yesterday to register this kid for kindergarten. He is so excited. He will be attending one of the schools that I taught at so I feel good about the people he will be with everyday. They showed him his classroom, the cafeteria, and the gym. Plus we spent a few minutes on the playground. He is ready, the problem is that I am not. I could cry just thinking about having to send my baby to spend his days with someone other than me. I know that it is part of growing up and that it will be good for my little social butterfly but it is hard!!! I now have to think about school supplies and school clothes. This is new territory for me. I will be alright after I cry every day for the first week and I know he will love it. It will become our new normal but right now it just seems hard. I will miss having his smiling face around all the time and the random I love yous through out the day. Like I said, it is time to grow up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Such a sweet picture of you and the boys. I guess every mother knows the feelings you're having. Even after Denise & Kathy were in High School, I would still get depressed for a while when school started. I didn't even put "two & two" together for years - connecting my sadness with time for them to go back to school. But, yes, you're right - that's the way it has to be - we have to let them grow up. Hugs to each of you. Grandma
Post a Comment