Friday, September 6, 2013

Today was exciting

Our baby chicks hatched!!!!!
 
This was last night.
 This was this morning.
It was pretty neat to watch.  I even got it on video.
This video is just so you can hear the little sounds coming from the egg.
This one is of him actually hatching.  I have never watched it before and I was really glad that D came in right before the chick got all the way out.   This one is kind of long but I was fascinated. 
This is right after he hatched.  He was worn out.
 
We had to go run some errands today and when we come home there were 2 chicks.  We still have one egg left and it is starting to crack so we should have 3 chicks in the morning.  I am so happy they all hatched. 
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FASCINATING! I think I heard Drew say, "He's so cute." Sweet. I don't think I've ever seen a chicken hatch. Thanks for your call last night, Sweetie. It was good to know how your thumb is doing,and that Drew likes school. Glad to get information about the hatching chicks, too, - like your plan to wait until they have feathers before putting them with the other chickens. Hugs to all, Grandma