So last week we had a blizzard. I mean a real blizzard. It was crazy. There were times during the day we could not even see the post office, which is across the street. It was nuts. I have never seen it snow like that and with the wind it was way worse. They closed down most of the highways because the drifts that developed were so high. We had one in our backyard that was about 2 1/2 feet deep. The next day it was really fun to play in though so I guess it was worth it for the fun it provided and mostly for the moisture we got from it.
We didn't much build up in the front yard because of the wind but the back yard was pretty much covered because it had things to build up against.
On the south side of our house
This little tree is taller than I am well over half of it was cover in a drift.
That cross bar on the swing set is at about my hip level.
If you look really close you can see the outline of our garden box. It was totally covered by the end of the day.
D sand box somehow ended up between the two big drifts in the yard.
I think this is actually from the next day. You can tell that it got a little bit deeper. It was really pretty once the wind stopped.

No comments:
Post a Comment