I was trying to get D into the Halloween/fall spirit by doing some pumpkin activities. I have never carved a pumpkin with him before so I thought we would give it a try. I got everything out and took the activity outside. He loves to be outside so I just knew he would be really into it. I was wrong. I cut open the pumpkin and asked him to help me get the seeds out of the inside. His response was "I am not sticking my hand in there." He was not about to touch that slimy stuff. I didn't buy one of those pumpkin carving kits and I wish I would have. I tried to get the seeds out with a wooden spoon but learned very quickly that it was not going to work. I didn't anything else to use so I just did the best I could with what I had. D wanted the pumpkin to have a sad face so that is what I tired to do. I know that next year I will invest in a kit just to get to spoon thing that comes in it.
This is what he spent most of the time I was working on the pumpkin doing.
Since carving the pumpkins was a bust I thought maybe we could paint them. I got a few little pumpkins hoping that he would have more fun painting. The only thing you need to know is that I took all of these pictures in less than two minutes. He had better things to do. At least he didn't paint himself or the dog. Maybe he will be more interested next year.

1 comment:
I had to laugh again about Drew saying he wasn't going to stick his hand in there. That is sooooo funny. I've never carved a pumpkin in my life so I think yours looks good. Hope you're feeling much better, Sweetie. Love to all, Grandma
Post a Comment