My mom got us an elf on the shelf to play with this year. I was really excited about it and thought D would think it was fun. He plays along with me but doesn't seem that into it. I don't know if he is not old enough or if he just doesn't really care anything about it. I am still doing it every night and I am enjoying it anyway. I am glad that he is playing along. The first thing that you are supposed to do is name your elf and he had a hard time with that. He wanted to name him "Drew Slade" and it was really hard to convince him not to use that name. We finally settled on "Thomas." I know that part of it is just his personality, but I wish he would enjoy it more. I will just be happy with what I get. We are having a little bit of fun with it.
The first morning Thomas was here he made a special breakfast for D.
Playing in the loader
Drinking syrup in the pantry
D doesn't really like it when "Thomas" makes a mess. He just walks in, shakes his head, and then starts to clean it up. It is pretty funny because he never feels the need to pick up messes that he has made.
Making paper snowflakes
Caught in the toilet paper
Playing in Zolo's food
Leaving D a friendly reminder
I forgot to move him one day but since D is just playing along it was no big deal.

1 comment:
"Thomas" is so cute. I've never seen anything like that before. That's pretty neat that Drew doesn't like him to make messes. :) More love, Grandma
Post a Comment